Terms of Sale
Last Updated: August 21, 2012
1. Your Account
When you make a purchase from the Site, you may create an account as part of the checkout process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and restricting access to your password and account. You further agree to accept responsibility for all purchases and activities that occur under your account.
2. Order Process and Acceptance of Order.
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You must add the products you wish to purchase to your shopping bag and then proceed to the checkout.
- If this is your first purchase on the Site you may then create an account with us and log in. If you already have an account with us you may enter your log in details to access your account. You may also proceed as a guest, without logging in, or creating an account.
- You will then be asked to select a delivery and payment option and input your delivery and payment details.
- Once you have completed compiling your order you will be asked to confirm that it is correct, and that you agree to these Terms. If it is not correct, you can revisit your order and correct the mistakes before confirming and submitting your order. It is your responsibility to ensure that your order is correct before submitting it to us.
- After you have submitted your order to us, we will process the payment details you have given us. Payment will be taken on despatch of the products to you.
- We will provide you with an order number and send you an order confirmation email detailing the products you have ordered. You should check the order acknowledgement email for accuracy and let us know immediately if there are any errors. That email does not constitute acceptance of your submitted order.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions below. We will send you a delivery confirmation email on dispatch of the products to you. Title will pass on delivery of the products to you, provided that we have processed and received payment in full for the products.
- Please note that neither the taking of payment from you by Starbucks under any of the means set out in the “Payment Terms” section below nor the receipt of an order acknowledgement email from Starbucks indicates that a contract has been formed between you and Starbucks. By completing and submitting the electronic order form including your payment details you are making an offer to purchase goods which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. Payment will be refunded to you if your order is later refused or rejected by us.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered is not available from stock.
- We are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- A price or product description error is identified.
If there are any problems with your order, you will be contacted by a customer services representative from Starbucks.
Your placement of an order does not necessarily assure that we will accept your order. We reserve the right to refuse any order at our sole discretion. In addition, before accepting your order, we may require additional information if you have not provided all of the information required by us to complete your order. Once a properly completed order is received, authorisation of your form of payment is received and we have accepted your order, we will promptly place your order in line for delivery.
3. Pricing and Availability.
All prices for products (and the associated costs of delivery and tax) are shown in pounds sterling. All items are subject to availability and we reserve the right to impose quantity limits on any order, to reject all or part of an order, and to discontinue products without notice. All prices are subject to change without notice, and you agree that taxes may be adjusted from the amount shown on the payment screens. Several factors may cause this, such as variances between processor programs and changes in tax rates.
In the event that a product you have ordered is listed at an incorrect price, we will notify you of the correct price by e-mail before despatching your order, asking you to confirm you still wish to proceed with your order at the correct price. Once we have received your confirmation we will then despatch your order. If you do not confirm that you wish to proceed with the order within 7 (seven) days of the date of our price correction email, we will consider this as a withdrawal of your order and we will delete your payment details from our system.
4. Payment Terms.
Starbucks currently accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Maestro. By submitting your order, you represent and warrant that you are authorised to use the designated credit card and authorise us to charge your order (including taxes, delivery and handling) to that card. If the card cannot be verified, is invalid or is otherwise not acceptable, your order may be suspended or cancelled automatically.
5. Delivery Terms and Policies.
Our deliveries are made by third party carriers. At the point at which you place your order, the full list of available delivery options including estimated timings will be shown. These can also be seen by clicking here. Please note that a signature may be required on deliveries of certain products. If you are out, the delivery driver will attempt delivery to a neighbouring address or alternatively, will attempt to leave your order for you in a safe place. You should keep your delivery note and all packaging and should notify Starbucks customer services team immediately if any of the order is missing or damaged. All delivery charges are your responsibility, unless waived by Starbucks. Delivery charges will be included on your invoice and can be viewed prior to finalising your order. The delivery charge shown during the checkout process is subject to verification. Delivery charges are subject to change without notice.
6. Back Orders
If for some reason an item on your order is temporarily out of stock, we will back order that item for you and send the other merchandise immediately. Items on back order will be charged when the items are actually despatched, along with applicable taxes and delivery charges.
7. Return, Cancellation and Exchange Policies.
When you buy from us, we want you to be completely satisfied. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it for a refund of the purchase price within 30 days of purchase. Any gift item delivered to you from the Site may be returned for a merchandise credit that can be used on a future order, or a refund can be made to the purchaser. Refund payments are not available to the gift recipient for gift returns. Returns older than 30 days will be issued merchandise credit (electronic credit) (unless the products are damaged or defective, in which case a full refund will be given). Please note that the rights in this section 7 are in addition to and do not affect your statutory rights, including in relation to faulty or defective goods. Returns for orders originally purchased with a Starbucks gift card will be refunded to the Starbucks card used in the original order. Merchandise credits may be redeemed on the Site and are not redeemable in retail locations.
For your convenience, the Return Form includes a Return Label that you may use when sending the package back to us. This Return Label will not include pre-paid postage and you will be responsible for paying the postage costs for returning the goods (unless the goods are faulty or defective). Simply attach the label to the outside of your package and send the package via ordinary post or insured parcel post. Please first remove the old label from the packaging or make sure that the Return Label covers the old one.
If you no longer have your Return Form please click here to print a new one. If you cannot print a new one, please contact us via email to StarbucksStore.email@example.com or call us at +44 (0) 808 23-40-684. Please click here for information above the return and disposal of electrical products
Our Customer Service hours are Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. CET, Closed Saturday-Sunday.
Return your package to:
Starbucks Coffee Company UK
Rue Louis Bleriot 5
Zoning Industriel Liege Logistics
4460 Grace Hollogne
What do I do if my order is incomplete, incorrect or damaged?
If you order is incomplete, incorrect, or damaged, please contact us via email or call us on the number set out above.
We attempt to be as accurate as possible; however, we do not warrant that all product descriptions, photographs, pricing or other information on the Site are accurate, complete, current, or error-free. Please note that the images of the products on the Site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer's display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the products. Your products may vary slightly from those images.
Whilst we try to ensure that all prices on the Site are accurate, errors may sometimes occur. In the event that a product you have ordered is listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical or administrative error, we will notify you of the correct price by e-mail before despatching your order, asking you to confirm you still wish to proceed with your order at the correct price. Once we have received your confirmation we will then despatch your order. If you do not confirm that you wish to proceed with the order within 7 (seven) days of the date of our price correction email, we will consider this as a withdrawal of your order and we will delete your payment details from our system.
As stated in the “Order Process and Acceptance of Order” section above, a contract is formed between Starbucks and you when we dispatch the goods you have ordered and not before. For the avoidance of doubt, a contract is not formed at the point in time that payment has been taken from you by Starbucks nor at the point in time that you receive an email from Starbucks acknowledging receipt of your order.
10. Limitation of Liability
As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to goods that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaching these Terms is strictly limited to any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaching these Terms. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us.
Except as expressly provided in these Terms, we are not responsible for any delay in, or failure of, performance of our obligations under these Terms arising from any cause beyond our reasonable control including any of the following: act of God, governmental act, war, fire, flood, explosion or civil commotion, failure in information technology or telecommunications services, failure of a third party (including failure to supply data) and industrial action.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for:
- - death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- - fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- - any terms implied under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or the Sale of Goods and Services Act 1982.
- - any liability arising under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- - any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability
Except as set out above, we are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage including but not limited to:
- - loss of income or revenue;
- - loss of business;
- - loss of profits or contracts; or
- - loss of anticipated savings,
Provided that this shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the above.
11. Governing Law; Venue
These Terms and your purchase of products from Starbucks through the Site shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the Courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction with respect to any dispute arising under or in relation to them.
All notices given by you to us must be given to Starbucks at Starbucks Coffee Company (UK) Ltd, Building 4, Chiswick Park, Chiswick High Road, London W4 5YE or firstname.lastname@example.org. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on this Site, 1 (one) working day after an e-mail is sent, or 3 (three) days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail,,that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable by a court, then that provision shall be deemed severed from the rest of these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
No delay or failure by us to exercise any powers, rights or remedies under these Terms will operate as a waiver of them, nor will any single or partial exercise of any such powers, rights or remedies preclude any other or further exercise of them.
A person who is not a party to a contract governing the Terms between you and us is not entitled to enforce any of its terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 except where these Terms expressly provide for such rights.
You will be subject to the policies and Terms in force at the time that you make your order, unless any change to those policies or these Terms is required to be made by law or governmental authority or unless we notify you of the change to those policies or these Terms before we take payment from you and despatch your order to you . In the event that there is a change to the policies and/or Terms, we will notify you of the change by e-mail before despatching your order, asking you to confirm you still wish to proceed with your order. Once we have received your confirmation we will then despatch your order. If you do not confirm that you wish to proceed with the order within 7 (seven) days of the date of our email which notifies you of the change, we will consider this as a withdrawal of your order and we will delete your payment details from our system.